Friday, July 26, 2013

Guess What I've Got? :)


Hi everyone,
Well, I don't know about you but this last week has been quite eventful for me.


My Daughter Zoe is going through a rather rough time & it has been a week of trial & error in regards to the parenting side of things.  Being a single Mum takes it out of me sometimes but I guess we all have to do our best & just be there for our children.  However, I am extremely happy & thankful that my older children have come together & helped out where they can :)


On a brighter note....guess what I bought myself the other day? :)
Let me show you....







I got a new camera :)  Woo hoo lol

It's the Canon SX500 IS. 
It is a compact, lightweight camera with 30x optical zoom lens.  It has a 16-megapixel CCD senor & fantastic image stabilisation.  Brilliant for when I have the shaky hands lol.







It has a 3 inch LCD display screen.







The flash can be adjusted - have less or more flash.  Not that I use that much with my designs but will come in handy when taking photo's in general.








It has an array of manual controls for me to play with :)
Program, aperture, shutter & manual exposure, scene modes, creative effects, discreet mode for quiet shooting mode & movie mode.  There is also a directional pad & control ring for tweaking ISO settings & self-timer etc.


It's a pretty cool camera but of course, I have to spend a little more time with it to get to know it well & to figure out the settings that work well for me & my environment when taking photo's of my designs.  I have only played with it once so far (things have been too hectic round here lol) but so far I love what it does :)


Also, before I go, just letting you know that I have added an album on my Dreamtime Facebook account  where I have been adding my Designer Papers.  I thought it may be easier for you if you wish to have a custom design created as you will be able to see which DP's are available & to choose from.  Of course, I have HEAPS of DP's so it it going to be some time before they are all up there lol.  It will be an ongoing process of adding them for a while :)  However, I intend on getting them all in the album sooner rather than later lol. If you would like to check them out, click here.


Well, I had better go.
Before I do though, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that offered some great advice in regards to Zoe when her friend was diagnosed with Diabetes only a few weeks ago.  You have been very helpful & I appreciate it heaps :)


Thanks for stopping by everyone :)
See you in a few days with a new design :)


Hugs




Thank goodness for social media :)  Feel free to keep up with me :)
Facebook - Click here
Twitter - Tweet tweet - Click here
Pinterest - Yes I'm addicted lol - Click here






1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I love the look of your new camera I've been thinking about getting a new one as well! Hope you have a good week. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx